Contribute a PerlQuote
Search for Quotes
Fortune - Get all quotes as a
PerlQuotes -- Search
This feature is experimental and might yield wrong results.
You have been warned. ;-)
- you can search for beginning of words only, so searching for 'foo'
will find articles with 'foo', '$foobar', 'Foo()',
etc., but searching for 'oobar' won't find anything.
- New: you can also search for any non-alphanumeric characters, so it's possible
to find '$foo' by searching either for 'foo' or directly for '$foo'
- I'm searching case-insensitive.
- you can combine words like 'foo AND bar OR var'
(will find articles containing 'foo' and 'bar', or just 'var')
- I will search in the text, subjects and the from-line. So to see all
quotes from Larry Wall you can search for 'larry AND wall'
- you won't find things like 'a', 'the', '>' etc. because
they are in many texts. So searching for 'the' won't find 'the',
but it surely will find '$the_variable'
Last change: May 6th 2002